Saturday, November 9, 2013

Restoring Faith

It seems like it's been forever and a lot has changed. I went through another round of job loss, spent the summer enjoying the San Diego sun and actually, dated a little bit. Sounds hard right? Truth- it was.
One of the biggest lessons I learned in 2012 was it's not your job that defines you- but the person you are. This summer, I learned how to trust the universe and give up everything you want to it and it will find you. Sounds like a brand of hippie craziness right? Truth is... it works.

Once you discover its true possibilities, its shocking what the universe can really do. Everything we project-it feeds and transcends. If you're making the same mistakes over and over again, perhaps it's what your projecting.

For me, my path was focusing on what I wanted every day- happiness and prosperity. And, I ended up with an amazing job opportunity that is $35,000 more than I've ever made. Granted, the company I signed on with is being purchased by a huge conglomerate, but....every cloud has a silver lining.

The happiness part came from within. I am finally 100 percent happy with me, being alone with me and happy within the life I've created. I seek outside validation less and less and can fill myself up with without needing to rely on others. Of course, life clearly isn't all about money and internal happiness. It's about sharing it with someone. And, not just anyone- but someone great.

Right before summer, I told the universe all the characteristics I wanted in a man. You know, the important ones, like over six feet tall, physically in good shape, someone I was attracted to. Well, in true universe fashion, I met a man who had all the qualities I put out there. The relationship just lacked what is most important: love, acceptance and commonality. It lacked those attributes because I realized... I never asked for it.

So now, I'm focused on a new universal prayer, believing I will find the right man who I am attracted to and he'll also love me for the woman I am. But, as the universe can sometimes take its time on fulfillment, I decided to make my own little prayer.

Restoring Faith
Heart block, unblock and hear my plea
We need to let go; become open to possibilities.
We've been hurt, crushed and dejected
With needs unmet and feelings of not being accepted

We've left in recent tries where in the past we stayed
Believing dreams can come true when we prayed
We've come far in the name of tried and true
But, now is the time for renew
Build upon what we couldn't see
Take a risk and believe in thee
Release the block to love again
Believe once more in what couldn't be.

No comments:

Post a Comment