Saturday, January 26, 2013

Solace

Relationships are interesting facets of our life- we have multitudes: family, co-workers, friends and then significant others whether they are temporary or long-term. I am blessed with amazing friends, unbelievable family and pretty awesome co-workers. 

The only missing aspect is a “significant other” relationship. The good news, regardless of what I don’t have- I’m really happy in the very moment I’m in. 
For the first time in years- and by years, I’d say at least 10- I am happy. There is no stress. 

And, for the first time in as long as I can remember, I am surrounded by solace. I would like a relationship, but I don’t need one. Perhaps, it’s the best time for one. The only trouble is- my guard has to come down. 

And, that is another feat all on its own.      

Driving Past
Find myself thinking about the past
Of you
Of what you might say
The next time we cross paths
I finally sleep
It’s a beautiful sleep
But, dreams creep through
Intruding on my slumber
You do
I’m cataloging everything you said
Filing it away
No more criticism, harshness and disapprove
No more abandonment
No more fear
No more you
I drive by every day
Happy I don’t make the turn
Happy to not be pulling in
Happy to come home on my own
No return

No comments:

Post a Comment