Monday, November 12, 2012

Better Out Than In...I Say

Better Out Than In... I Say- is one of my favorite lines from Harry Potter. Hagrid, the game keeper, says this line and delivers it well. So, since I have the courage to write and share thanks to the lovely glass of red wine beside me- it's best to get it out and share how I processed that much change- see blog entry from two minutes ago...

My reflection comes from what I can write down- putting words on paper helps me get the emotion out. So, since this is a night to start a new blog chapter- out with the old and onto the new...which means the old has to come out first...

Written June 28, 2012

Closure Foretold
It hurts in ways that cannot be foretold
Love's most generous gift also makes it bold
The moment is grand, it sweeps you off your feet
And then, it can tear away your strong footing
Leaving you cowering beneath

Stand tall
Stand proud
You'll find your path somehow
The days will pass
Your heart closing at last
Have faith
Let go
Don't waiver this course
Keep her steady now
You know this too will pass

Did he give?
Could he love?
Did he accept what you're made of?

Are you strong?
Did you care?
Always say you would be there?

Did you try?
Did you learn?
He just walked away

What else could you do?
He never trusted
It wasn't you.

He was too afraid you'd leave
Facade and falsified
Who was he really?

He's no longer part of you
He choose to pull away
No commitment - don't ever say...

My heart bleed all over the floor
Loneliness is the same
With or without you- no shame








No comments:

Post a Comment