Monday, November 12, 2012

Recounting Encouragement

Not so much a poem, but an actual recount of events... am I blessed? I think so. I am surrounded my amazing friends and family, and without them- I wouldn't be standing.

Written June 28, 2012

Reflect. Recover. Renew 
He hurt me in ways I can't articulate
He's renting permanent space in my head
The whole time I'm deciphering who's more to blame
As reasons swirl around- I'm paralyzed
No escaping the fate surrounding me

My friends and family rally around
"You've suffered so much loss,
Keep moving forward, don't give in!"
I am amazed by their support
Their love and commitment forces me 
To face another day
They believe in me, 
The only disservice I can do
Is not to embrace their attitude
If they can believe in me, 
I can surely believe in myself

"You will always move on," my mother says
"It's the reason you're able to love again.
He doesn't have your gift
He's paralyzed with fear.
You, my darling girl, can achieve anything.
Keep moving forward, walk toward your dreams
It's there you will find everlasting peace
You're more than just okay
You're more than strong enough to find your way."

It's time to let go
No more emotion
Time to give the memories to the sea
As the wave pound ashore
New life is forming
The sea swirls, curls and is calling
Beckoning me.

No comments:

Post a Comment