Friday, September 17, 2010

The Next Course of Action

As of late, I’ve been staring down the realization of what I have to do in the face. This thought and eventual action and I are not exactly friends. I’ve been finding everything in my power to avoid the inevitable. Ah, the power of denial; it’s a rigid and consuming ordeal.
So, what’s the inevitable?
Finding the strength, or a better descriptor would be “courage,” to do what I know is the right, taking care of myself. In short, this decision boils down to starting over … again.


Moving On
Sitting here, acknowledging my needs are unfilled
And cataloging each one on the sustenance scale
Reassure self I’m still a low-maintenance gal
Considering every strength and asset I possess
Assigning each one a weighted value
Affirming I am something very real
Then why can’t that pit in my belly release and be full?
I am supposed to be valued and loved by this man
Feet slip further down an unforgiving road
Yet, communications have been honest and true
There can be no fault or place of blame
I can’t accept the position we’re in
Therefore; what choice do I have expect to move on.

1 comment:

  1. At least you realize it isn't you -- you're great (though perhaps a bit too candid at times for some). Hope you're well, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete