Monday, August 16, 2010

Here's to Hoping

Hope.

It’s the one emotion every person succumbs to, the one element we all can believe in. If you have hope you have a glimmer of possibility.

Since having hope sounds so hopeful, is there a downside?
There is if having hope outshines the truth and what’s actually being said.


Burning Hands
Pulling relationships from the fire
A skill I wish I knew
It seems, men were taught this trait
From gym teachers of their youth
They know the exact words to say
And how the delivery should be timed …while
Girls are tethered to desperation hoping
Their anxieties can unwind
The scene emits familiarity
It’s a road I’ve known before
A sufferable path paved with disappointment
A road where divorce eased a settling score
Now, I’m listening to vulnerability
And find myself leaning on pointed sword
Turning my back on intuition
All warning signs ignored
But, here I stand again
Treading the same ol’ path
Hoping prior outcomes can be surpassed 

No comments:

Post a Comment