Monday, February 8, 2010

Celebrations

So . . . yet more time has passed since I've been there to post.
I have thought it on occasion and ever composed a few entries. Unfortunately, outside council (my loving, adoring friends) immersed me in "blogging" repercussions, where I'll admit, I became a little faint of heart.

But, after deciphering their suggestions, all of which were mentioned for my own good, I decided to be bold enough to post them anyway- in the near future at least.

This entry, however, is to catch up with my avid fan base - ha ha and celebrate the blog's one-year anniversary.
That's a very big feat! And, it is something to celebrate.
But, given the chance, it is also time for reflection, most notably, what I have learned.

Blogging with Alicia C. Graham was intended to capture introspection and perception. It was a forum to catalog my journey of dissolution, establish a renewed sense of hope and further commit to myself.

I wish I could describe the satisfaction knowing I accomplished exactly that. It feels as if I have traveled the world, I have gained so much. Blogs are more than an outlet - they are an extension of you - your words - your observations of yourself or others.
They are a place to comfort those weathering similar storms or they can be an opportunity to inform. Either way, it is a place - a charge - a post for awareness and recollection.

The questions:
"What will the blog metamorphose into?"
"What will it become?"
Writers have difficulty composing when content and I am very much content. But, I still notice life's interesting and entertaining quirks, be them mine or friends. Therefore, this blog is the absolute correct forum to discuss them, at the very least, acknowledge them.

In the meantime, between posts, I have picked up my novel again after a 13-month hiatus. It has been comforting getting to know my characters again - expand upon them and inform the reader of their wants and desires on each and every page (every writer's goal.)

While in the throws of creativity, I feel an over-whelming sense of awareness. Crazy thoughts form such as, "this is the most amazing novel ever!"
When I actually read what I write - the sense of defeat is extraordinary.

But, my beloved writer's group keeps reminding me of Rule #1: "You are free to write the worst shit in America!"
Ah, so true - so true.
And so, the philosophy is to keep writing.

Avid readers - stay tuned. It is a goal to come back more often highlighting the blog world of little cognizant detections of human interactions - they only way a psy major can.

No comments:

Post a Comment